Women Grievance Redressal Cell
Women Grievance Redressal Cell was established under the Act No 20 of 1990 of Govt of India. Women’s grievance redressal cell is meant to safe guard and promote well being of all women employees of the organisation. It takes cre of all complaints on sexual harassment of women of women at workplace and action taken for redressal of complaints. The cell is responsible for looking into any complaints filed by students & staff about women grievance at college.
Objectives of committee
- Women grievance redressal cell is a growing community of women in Thakur Jagdev Chand Memorial Govt. Degree College, Sujanpur Tira which share a common purpose to learn, educate and collaborate on ideas that have the power to effect meaningful and positive change while fighting the challenges they face.
- To investigate reported cases of sexual harassment of women, if any and submit its report to the disciplinary authority recommending action to be taken against the accused miscreants.
- To hold meetings regularly.
- To organise various functions acquainting the women regarding their rights.
- To equip the female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
- To safe guard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide a platform for listening to complaints & redressal of grievance.
- To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around college.
Affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University Shimla. The college is recognized by UGC, New Delhi and is covered under section 2 (f) and 12 B of UGC Act. 1956.